Tuesday 5 February 2019

Sayonara 2018

2018, what a year! I’ve got to admit that before writing this I genuinely thought I hadn’t done much last year. In some ways, the year had flown by within the blink of an eye but in others; it felt like the longest year ever. In the years to come or maybe months in my case, I can always scroll back through the archives and gaze in amazement at all of the things I had accomplished. 

This is one of many reasons I love writing. I guess it’s just a matter of if I want to do it. Can you believe my last blog post was in 2017? Well, I can! That’s how lazy I am to blog and I’ve been giving myself tonnes of excuses why I couldn’t do it.

I came up with this list of 2018’s highlights while scrolling back through my Instagram feed. Looking through the photos made me realize how much I treasure these little memories. For me, Instagram isn’t an endless stream of carefully curated images that are planned to perfection to be aesthetically pleasing. Instagram is my corner of the internet where I share snapshots of memories and that’s why I love it.

So here it is, my highlights of 2018;


#1 Trident
One the highlights of the year happened just a few months ago when I adopted my little baby boy, Trident (he’s not so little anymore :(  ). The little fellow walked into my new home just over a month after I moved in as if it was his. Honestly, I wasn’t sure what to expect. There were times where he even followed me on my walks. It didn’t take me long to realise that I had to keep him :) The neighbours claim to have never seen him before. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I don’t think I can imagine a life without him. As weird as it is, it just goes to show how much of an impact one can have on another’s life. 




#2 Married
I can’t believe I’m married. *gulp* I’m starting to feel old! I had never been the girl who dreams about her future husband or wedding. I never fantasize about what my bridesmaids would wear or what the flavour my wedding cake would be. Instead, I spent my time thinking about the food adventures I would go on, the business decisions I would be making and the shoes and bags I need to get. I think marriage has changed me but I’m hoping it hasn’t. My newly minted husband says that I am of ‘wife material’ and honestly, I didn’t know how to react to that. What I miss the most about being newly married is the preparation! There’s nothing quite like seeing my favourite friends and family members coming together for such a momentous occasion. Some even travelled from miles and miles away just for me. Of course, the best part for that few months was that I, “The Ponnu” was at the centre of it all :D I mean c’mon, who doesn’t like that kind of attention. Well, I for one enjoyed it very much and I wouldn’t mind doing it all over again. For real!



#3 New Venture
Aside from my F&B venture, I have just started a new brand that I am very excited about! Whoever knew that I would get my hands so full? After 3 years of running my own show, I have realized what my passion is; working! I never knew I could have such energy and excitement from just running my own show. I also never knew I had such a thirst for knowledge (where was all of this when I was in college??!). More deets on the new brand soon. 



#4 True to myself 
I have fallen in love with myself even more! #imeanwhowouldnt :P. It’s not like I have not been loving myself before this but this time even more, maybe because I have learnt to be true to myself. All my life I have had an urge to help people. My younger self would try to help those around me, to the detriment of my own well being. The problem with putting everyone else’s needs first is that my own needs do not get tended to. I must first tend to my needs and show self-love before I can really help another human. This is often confused with being selfish. I disagree. 



#5 Tirupathi
Yes, you read that right! Haha. I know I’m far from being considered pious but there’s something about this place that just makes me feel so at peace and happy! Did you know that I was a freethinker at one point in my life? I have always been a person who questioned almost everything and relied on logical reasoning to dictate the course of my actions. In other words, I don’t do things blindly. However, visiting Tirupathi in Andhra Pradesh, India, was one of the best decisions of my life. My dad and the hubs have always tried to get me to pray, but it never worked. Whoever knew, that one visit to Lord Sri Venkateswara was all it took to get me to pray again.

I really don’t know what 2019 will bring but I do hope that the laughter will outweigh the sorrows. Hopefully, I’ll be including some travel stories by the end of 2019. Oh, and I’m hoping I’ll be blogging more this year :D

Wishing you and your loved ones a year filled with lots of exciting & happy memories. 

Cheers to 2019!

#nothinglikebloggingaboutnewyearinfeb
#betterlatethannever

No comments: