Tuesday 19 January 2016

One of the best around!

Acne has always been a big issue to me ever since I was about 13 years old. Back in high school, my skin was so bad that a stranger once walked over to me just to pass me her dermatologist’s number.

That sure boosted my confidence! Thanks lady
 -_-

I just don’t know how some people do it, I mean whatever happened to common sense? Okay maybe her intentions were genuine. Maybe she really wanted to help.

Anyway, I grew up feeling insecure of my complexion as I tried all ways and means to fix it. Some products worked while others didn’t. The ones that did worked were able to remove all but one or two zits that would appear out of nowhere and sometimes my skin would just flare up. At times I thought it was just my hormones. At other times, I thought that the acne gods just had something against me. Eventually, I came to terms (kind of) with the fact that my skin just wasn’t going to clear up on its own. I spent a lot of time and money trying out different products in the hopes of restoring my skin into a state of glowing bliss.

My friends and family know how much I love face packs. Once, I picked up a pack of ‘Himalaya Herbals Neem’ with great reservations. Surprisingly, this mask completely blew me away! I have been using this product for years now and I must say it’s definitely one of the best in the market.


The mask helps regulate excess oil secretion, cleans clogged pores and prevents the recurrence of pimples. Its primary constituents are Neem, Turmeric and Fuller's Earth which together help to clear the skin and prevent future outbreaks of pimples.

Packaging: It come in a white squeeze tube with a green flip cap. Since it’s a squeeze tube, it’s easy for me to regulate the amount of paste that I would like to use. I like the user friendly and hygienic packaging; very convenient for messy people like me.

Directions: Apply evenly over a cleansed face and neck, avoiding the area around the eyes. Allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes and then remove it with a wet sponge followed by a thorough splash of cool water. Use once or twice a week. DO NOT apply it on broken or inflamed skin.

Availability: Available in all major pharmacies and hypermarkets. Stock availability is never a concern.  

Price: Priced from RM17+ - RM20+ (150ml) depending on where you purchase it.


The neem mask has a dark green color that turns light green after drying. It has just the right viscosity which is neither very thick nor runny and spreads easily onto the skin. It also has a grainy texture which is a mixture of Fuller’s Earth and dry neem leaves.

The paste has a mild fragrance that reminds me of neem (DUH!).

 During my first few applications, I felt a tingling sensation that was very mild (this was mentioned on the pack as a possible side effect for first time users) which I don’t feel anymore.

Apart from that, my skin does feel a bit stretched when the mask dries. Since it has a grainy texture, it also functions as an amazing exfoliator! When I’m taking it off, I simply damp the mask and massage it very lightly in circular motions as I remove it.

All in all, this is a must have product for oily acne prone skin. As you can see, I have used half of the tube already and I will definitely be repurchasing it.

No comments: