Monday 27 October 2014

5 Hair Growth tips that actually work

I haven't been neglecting my blog. I'm just playing hard to get. 
(haha okay I'm so lame)

Remember the locks of hope charity run I blogged about sometime back? If you have not read about it, Click here :) So after shaving my head & donating my hair to their campaign, I have noticed that my hair has been growing pretty slow. Pretty slow is actually an understatement. Its superrrrrr-rrrr slow. I miss my long hair. :( 

I have been whining too much. Mom has been telling for years on what's the best solution. Really unsure to why I have never been listening or maybe I just forgot. Helooooo I have so many things to remember kayyy. My brain can only take so much.

Learning how to make your hair grow faster naturally is easy, you just have to know the right methods & mainly what works best for you! And I am going to give you 5 simple tips on how to return to longer, faster and healthier locks!

1) Coconut Oil


During my primary schooling days, I was one of those little Indian girl who had oily long well groomed pleat. That basically led to horrible school photos. 
(Thanks Amma -.-)

So after entering high school, my coolness kicked in. Ditched coconut oil & started experimenting hair serums. Ahhhhh yes I regret deeply. Stupid serums. (Amma is always right. Ok. Maybe not always :P)

Do you know something? Most Indians use coconut oil as it has a cooling effect on the head. Releasing heat is essential for maintaining the beauty of the hair as it weakens the roots. There are many commercial varieties of coconut oil available in the market. My advice would be to drop by any Indian store & ask for a bottle. The cheapest & the best! It’s like a miracle elixir especially for hair.

The process is not too difficult. Massage a small amount of coconut oil into your scalp. Leave the oil in for at least an hour or up to overnight. Then just wash your hair out, making sure that your scalp ‘squeaks’ clean to ensure that all the oil has been removed. I have to say, I hate the scent! But not to worry, the scent doesn't linger on your hair after your hair wash.

2) Avoid Stress





I know that considering our lifestyles today, stress is as much a part of our life as, say, our smartphones, or the internet but given the connection between stress and hair loss, you have to try your very best to get it under control. Spending more time with your loved ones, dancing, listening to music and most importantly, adequate sleep will certainly help get rid of stress and ultimately lead to a better hair & better you :D

3) Get it trimmed often



To give the illusion of thicker hair, it's a good idea to trim your hair frequently. It always feels like a gamble to get a trim because sometimes more inches of hair get cut off than cut off than what you asked for. However, a trim keeps the end of your hair looking even. Trims are important because hair doesn't grow evenly. If you let your hair grow without going in for a routine trim, your hair will start to look sparse and wispy at the ends.

4) Brush your hair


Brushing the hair once or twice in the morning and night will stimulate the circulation in your scalp, feeding the hair follicles and ensuring undisturbed hair growth. However, when your hair is wet, never brush it. That causes severe breakage, which ultimately foils hair growth. Use a comb instead, especially if you experience tangles.

5) Avoid washing it every day 



I know right. Yuck! This is honestly the worst tip ever but works extremely well.  Know this girl, has the thickest strongest hair ever, she hardly washes her hair. And yes! You are right! Her hair stinks. She gets it washed every 4 days once. Sometimes only after a week. (Let’s hope she gets an award for that)

One of the biggest reason why you shouldn't wash your hair every day is because of the natural oils on your hair and scalp. Your natural oils will make your hair healthier and shinier than most products. The thicker your hair is, the most time it takes for these oils to work their way down the strands of your hair, meaning you can go longer between washes. Even for those with thin hair should be able to go at least every other day without lathering up!

If you never try, you will never know