Tuesday 20 October 2015

Brilliant Invention



I'm a huge huge fan of green tea & matcha. I love them so much that I think I would qualify as a ‘matchaholic’ 
(I’d like to think that I’m not alone in this obsession)

At the height of my addiction, I used to drink at least one cup of “Venti" green tea a day with any one of my meals. I’d even have them with some cakes whenever I’m hungry. Now however, I seemed to have toned down my consumption of this Godly beverage for reasons that are still unbeknown to me. Perhaps I had overdosed on my addiction or perhaps it was because I seeing green everywhere. 
(Hahah..ok i know..Lame..) 

Either way, I’d like to believe that it was for the best. 
So what are the benefits of having a cup of green tea a day? Well for a start, it lowers the risk of cancer, serves as a decent caffeine boost (though not as much as a cup of coffee but it does come close AND it doesn’t leave your breath stinking!) 

AND
most importantly, it helps with weight loss! Yes it does. A question that I’m often asked by my friends & family is this: 

What is the difference between green tea & matcha?

Matcha is a form of green tea that has more nutrients than brewed tea. With brewed tea, some of non-solvent nutrients such as Vitamin C are left intact in the leaves during the brewing process. Matcha on the other hand is composed of grounded tea leaves and as such you do not miss out on those ‘stubborn’ nutrients. Thus, I am of the opinion that it’s the better method of having a wholesome cup of tea; maybe 10 times better! 
(My brain has a tendency of multiplying anything that is healthier by 10 :P) 

Anyway, I just had to share my current addiction! 
P.S Have you tried the green tea latte from Starbucks? If you haven't, then you MUST! I dare say that you will never look at coffee the same way again :D


Nestle Kit Kat Green Tea

Honestly, this is such a brilliant invention. It’s made of white chocolate with a matcha green tea flavour. Normally, the taste of matcha can be a tad bit strong to many but that isn’t the case here as this new breed of Kit Kat gets it just about right: mellow and refreshing.

Apparently, there have been several versions of green tea flavored Kit Kats released in Japan and it has proven itself to be an extremely popular flavor.

I know right! More reasons to leave the country :P

Where can you get them? Literally anywhere. Most of the super-marts carry them. You can find them in 7 Elevens too. 

Do try & let me know how alright?

No comments: